Makati Staycation Guide
Nothing is as unique or ultra-sophisticated as Makati City in the Metro Manila area. It remains the best city to live, work, or spend a staycation in. In fact, formulating a perfect Makati staycation guide is a daunting task, for there are just countless tips and ideas for a truly fulfilling Makati staycation. Here are just a handful of great staycation ideas.
Things to Do in Makati City
Makati is loaded with oodles of fun staycation activities for all ages and types. This Makati staycation guide lists only some of the most notable ones.
10. Discover hidden bars. The Exit Bar is located at the back of Plaza Cafe in Paseo de Roxas. You need to push a few panels just to enter this place. The atmosphere is generally hushed, and perfect for those intimate conversations. Alternatively, you might want to explore the B-Side which features walls covered with awesome and tastefully painted graffiti and murals.
Restaurants and Dining Spots to Try in Makati City
Gourmets will definitely enjoy a foodie staycation in some of the best eating places in Makati. The ones listed here are almost exclusively found in Makati and are not your usual kind of dining place.
4. The Rabbit Hole is a very quaint cafe on Jupiter Street whose interior theme is inspired by Alice in Wonderland. The place serves all day breakfast, signature pastas, cakes, pastries, full meals with rice, and even Asian goodies like spring rolls, sisig, Korean wings, and satay.
Best Hotels in Makati for Staycation
For the best staycation in Makati, you should try staying at one of its notable hotels. These Makati hotels are strategically located near commercial establishments.
For a staycation hotel that has stood the test of time, Dusit Thani offers accommodations in tasteful and exotic Thai aesthetics. It has some of the most outstanding dining places, like Benjarong Thai, Emu, and The Pantry. Enjoy Thai style spa treatments and complimentary meals when you book a room.
Also, a key landmark in Makati is The Peninsula Manila which is the epitome of luxury and sophistication. The 24/7 lobby restaurant has been the hub of business and personal dates, best known for its luscious signature and still gigantic Halo-halo and yummy pancit palabok. The hotel features the Peninsula Academy which offers customized in-depth cultural learning programs in the form of classes, tours and activities for kids and adults alike.
Right across the Greenbelt and Glorietta Mall is New World Hotel, a 580 room 5-star that offers ultimate luxury facilities, including a fitness center that is always open and a business center complete with technical and secretarial services to serve as your “office away from your office” if you need to telecommute.
Although away from the general vicinity of most Makati hotels, I’M Hotel is the first 5-star hotel to open in the Poblacion area. It houses the largest urban spa in the country which features unique carbonated bath and ensuite jacuzzis or steam rooms.
The price of accommodation includes access to the spa as well as relaxation lounges. Don’t miss swimming at the elevated acrylic-bottomed infinity pool for a truly unforgettable experience. Afterwards, relax at lounging beds positioned on a platform above the pool.
More Tips in our Makati Staycation Guide
There are just countless activities and restaurants to try in this magnificent city. Here are other tips for a truly enjoyable Makati staycation:
- Plan your itinerary well, and account for time that may be spent unexpectedly in heavy traffic, especially during weekday rush-hours.
- You don’t need your own car to get around. Take e-jeeps, buses, or even use your own feet. And there’s also Uber or Grab to take you around without hassle.
- Bring umbrellas because like any other Philippine city, the weather in Makati can be unpredictable.
- Although posh and modern, Makati is not without its criminal elements. Hold on to your bag and watch your kids closely. It’s better to use bags with zippers and even locks to ward off any attempted snatching or pickpocketing. Walk in well-lit places at night, especially in the Poblacion area. And never talk with strangers.