Father’s Day is up soon, so you must be busy thinking of something special to give the dad or grandpa in the family. Why not treat him to a Father’s Day staycation in Nuvali?
Nuvali Staycation, an Upcoming Lifestyle Trend
Through a collaboration between Ayala Land and the Yulo Family, Nuvali was created as an entire residential and recreational community with an urbanized but also wholly sustainable concept.
Encompassing the three towns of Sta. Rosa, Calamba, and Cabuyao, Nuvali is easily accessible from Makati with only less than an hour’s drive in light to moderate traffic through the South Luzon Expressway. Buses and jeepneys also go back and forth Makati and Nuvali, so there’s no problem getting there.
The place has many establishments such as shopping malls, hotels, dining, and leisure spots. And with the numerous activities you can do there with Dad or Grandpa, you may want to consider staying at least a night or two in the area.
What’s surprising about Nuvali is that most of its attractions cost much less than what you would normally expect, so your pesos go a long way.
You can also use Nuvali as a stopover to and from other key staycation spots like Tagaytay, Los Banos, or Alaminos.
Things to do in Nuvali
Nuvali is great for families because its recreational facilities are designed for groups of every age or interest. Here are the most highly recommended:
- Go biking along the trails. You can, for example, bring your own mountain bike or rent bikes from Microtel South Forbes or the Lakeside Evozone, and then go biking along designated trails. There are at least 50 kilometers of biking and hiking trails for you to choose. You’ll enjoy spectacular views of Mount Makiling and Laguna de Bay along your route. Grandpas and other senior family members or those who don’t know how to use a mountain bike can try hiking or jogging along the trails instead. Biking is free if you bring your own bike. Bikers do need to wear proper helmets and footwear.
- Go wakeboarding. Wakeboarding combines three thrilling extreme sports – surfing, water skiing, and snowboarding. Did you know that there’s a wakeboarding facility right inside the Nuvali complex? At Republic Wakepark, you can engage in this extreme sport from Php250 per hour to about Php985 a day (Php800 for 4-hour night rides), not including lessons or wakeboard rentals.
- Take a water taxi ride. You can do this on the 4-hectare Nuvali multifunctional lake. You can rent taxiboats for as low as PhP30 per person for a round trip, or charter a whole boat that can accommodate 6 people for a PhP180 special trip. Now here’s a ride that your dad or grandpa will surely love.
- Play football or sand volleyball. Dad will surely have a ball in this section of Nuvali. The Fields is a 10-hectare open field housing three FIFA-standard football fields, 3 sand volleyball courts, and 2 baseball fields. You can play catch, goal shooting, or volleyball with Dad for hours, run races, or even have an entire game with family members in opposite teams. What a great exhilarating activity for family reunions!
- Visit the Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary. Now here’s a treat for nature lovers in the family! The Sanctuary is a 17 kilometer stretch of forest housing at least 60 bird species and colorful flora. Take lots of pictures here with Dad!
- Feed the koi at Solenad. Now here’s a totally relaxing activity for the whole family. Solenad is located right in the heart of a restaurant row, and has a huge outdoor pond filled with koi of breathtaking colors. You can buy fish food at PhP15 per bag. A nice destressing activity for Dad!
- Go shopping. Nuvali has all kinds of brand name establishments to delight the shoppers in your group. What’s more, many of the retail outlets feature sales or promos that are not available in their non-Nuvali branches.
- Go food tripping. There are numerous dining establishments as well for every family size, budget or taste. Try different ones for every meal or snack!
Where to Stay
There are hotels nearby like the Seda Nuvali and Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham South Forbes – Nuvali but we opted to use Airbnb this time since it is more budget-friendly for a big group.
The Airbnb property that we found is this Nuvali 2BR home, with outdoor space (to book create an account here first). It is in the Avida subdivision and has access to a pool. The neighborhood was quiet and secured and perfect for a weekend away from the city noise. The owner was also very easy to deal with. Another reason we chose this airbnb vacation rental, it’s just 5 minutes away from Republ1c Wakepark.
So now you know where you should take your Dad! Enjoy! Happy Father’s Day!
If you also know other great places for Father’s Day staycation. Just comment it below. Thanks!